Thursday, May 5, 2011

The girls want a dog!!

I knew it would come to this the minute the Obamas got Bo. Rebbecca and Suzy want a dog. I mean, really want a dog.

Does this sound familiar?

"We'll take care of her, Mom. PROMISE. We'll feed her and walk her and let her sleep with us and take care of everything. You won't have to take care of a thing, mom, we PROMISE."

I get it. I really do. It's a tough time for them, with Michael moved out, and me gone a lot. Ok. Too much. A dog would give them some one to cuddle when we're late. A warm body when mine's sitting in front of a typewriter.

But GoodGod. I can't add another responsibility to my already tipping over plate. We all know who will be taking care of the dog when she's a five month old puppy peeing everywhere.

Any of you manic moms other there got any advice?

1 comment:

  1. Oh, no! Michael moved out???? I've got to get WHOSE HAND?!!!!!!!!!

    Crap.

    ReplyDelete

Hey, what do you think? Comment here and let me know.